Wednesday, January 6, 2016

2015 Wrap-Up

Riley, 

I've said it before, but you really are my best friend. I love the "you" that you have become. You are a sweet girl, smart, caring, kind, loving, everything a little girl should be. It's so fun to see you blossoming into a young lady. 


You usefulness has increased tremendously in the last six months. You are actually "useful." Helpful is probably a better word. You are capable of doing certain chores just as good as I can and you usually enjoying helping out. Especially if there is a financial incentive around. I have no problem paying you, either. It means one less thing on my to-do list and more money in your pocket. 

I am so proud of the reader you are becoming, too. You love to read. You will even read a story to your brother or sister. You read with feeling and expression and it awesome to hear you. You also really like school and you love to learn. Some of your favorite books are fiction or educational. This makes me happy. 

Ella Rae, 

For about the last three months I have battled your lice infestation. This whole thing started in October, and I think Riley brought head lice home from school. It was transferred to your head and I have struggled to get the bugs out of your hair. I actually don't have much trouble removing the bugs, it's the nits I can't seem to get. I have treated your hair, washed your bedding, sprayed your bed, put mayo on your hair, left your hair dirty, etc. I have really tried everything. Morgan sat you outside and pulled nits from your hair. After she did this, I didn't see any nits or bugs in your hair for a couple weeks. I thought, "Finally!" But no, not finally. I checked your head a couple days ago and nits were everywhere. It's been very frustrating for me and you. You know when you have bugs in your hair and you can answer me when I ask. At this point, you HATE for me to even touch your head or hair. You will run, scream, bat my hands away, anything to keep me from going through your hair. It's been hard. 


You love makeup and anything girly. You love for someone to tell you that you are beautiful. "Am I beautiful?" One of the funniest things you're doing lately is gurgling when you brush your teeth. Our routine is for me to brush, then let you brush, you put water in your mouth, and before you spit that water out, you tilt your head back and give a good gurgle. Every time. At first it was annoying to me because it took up time and prolonged our bathroom sessions. But now I just laugh as you gurgle. A three year-old gurgling is funny. 

Another routine that just you and I have is a kiss on your nose at night when I tuck you in. I cannot leave your room until I've kissed you on the tip of your nose. 

Nolan, 

My boy. My 100% boy. You love balls and bats more than anything. You like jumping and rough-housing. You like running. You are full-speed all the time. 


Except for when you want to be a big ol' Mama's boy, which you are a lot of the time. You love to sit in my lap. You say, "Maaammmmmmmmaaaa!" as loud as you can and as often as you can. The other morning at 4 a.m. I heard you yelling for me to come and cover you up. I was dead asleep and when I finally figured out what you wanted I started getting up. I stopped to use the bathroom first, and by the time I had finished using the bathroom you had quit yelling at me. I was so mad! It would have saved a lot of your energy to just cover your own self up, but no! You love to yell from your room to your Mama. I've thought about putting you in a big boy bed, but this incident is one of several reasons that I still have not. 

I've also been thinking about you next year during the school year. Ella will start pre-K and you'll still be staying home. What will you do without Ella? She's been there with you every day of your life. You two are always together. I keep on thinking that you will be lonely for Ella. As much as you two fight, fuss, and argue, you are still the best of friends. 



2015 was a tough year, bottom line. You three survived it and thrived. We are happy in this life just like we are. Thank you for putting up with my tears, moods, and messy house. Thank you for your hugs, kisses, pictures, and dirty clothes. Without you three I wouldn't be who I am today and I'll always be thankful to you all for making me a Mama. I love you with everything I have. 

Here's to 2016 being our best year yet. Love you so much.

Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment