Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Spring 2015 Newsletter

Riley,

If there is anyone on the planet who is the most like me, it would be you. You are very smart and love to read. Your reading has just taken off in the last five months. There really isn't anything you can't read, especially when it's not something you're supposed to be reading. You love to read my text messages. Your teacher told me that you will read notes to other teachers that she's asked you take deliver. You can read and you're nosey!


You're very tender hearted just like I am. You don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, and it doesn't take much to hurt yours. You really try to do the right thing most of the time, but if you get in trouble the tears will flow. I know it's hard always trying to set a good example for your brother and sister, but just like I always remind you, "That's what big sisters are for." We couldn't ask for a better big sister in our family.


You're very aware of the things going on around you, and especially the last five months. You don't want anyone to be sad and sometimes you wish things were like they used to be. I know you understand things won't ever be like that again, so it's not something I keep from you. You are just six years old, so I don't burden you with things I don't think you can handle. However, I won't lie to you. Just like how I've always told you that I will always be here for you no matter what, I can also promise to never lie to you.


You're the best person I've ever met. You love to laugh and giggle with Ella. You love to ask questions and know and learn things. You love to play. You stand at the top of my list in any category. I love you so much and am grateful for your sweet spirit and love.

Ella,

I just start laughing every time I think about you. Will you always be like this? Funny. Spirited. Adamant. Sure of what you want. Sure of what you don't want.


You've also grown in leaps and bounds over the last couple months. You can talk so much better, and I can tell that you understand so much more of our world. If you can do it, then you let me know that you want to, "Do it all by myself!" You usually don't just come right out and say it, but due to frustration and excitement, you have a hard time getting the words put together and out of your mouth. It will instead come out in a, exclamatory, rapid stutter.


I think you are the most caring of the three of your. You love to see a baby puppy or kitten. You'll put your hands up by your face and say, "Aww. How cuuuute!"


You are for sure coming out of the terrible twos. Here lately, you really want to please and be praised for your good choices and behavior. You don't mind pointing out when Riley and Nolan are misbehaving either. There are still fits, but for the most part you are just the sweetest little thing all day long. Bedtime can be a little rough. You like to blame Riley for keeping you awake, when I KNOW who is really keeping who awake.


Since starting potty training, you've had some ups and downs. You've just about got the hang of it though. The hardest part is getting you to poo-poo in the potty. You tend to make excuses. April asked you why you didn't poo-poo in the potty at her house, and you told her because you're supposed to poo-poo in Grandad's potty. You definitely keep us laughing.


You're still known to have a little tantrum occasionally. You will pout, cross your arms, and stomp off, sometimes for no apparent reason. I never did figure out what was wrong with you the other night. I asked you, "What are you mad about, Ella?" You yelled back, "You!" I hadn't even done anything to you!

Nolan,

Just as Ella is leaving the terrible twos, you are entering them. When you were acting bad the other day, Shanna pointed out that you are just a two year old little boy. That's very accurate! Well, you're almost two. You are tyrannical, willful, mean, and an instigator. You love to pester Ella. All it takes is for you to grab ahold of Ella's shirt, and there will be many yelps from her. She's now to the point where she strikes back. It's funny to watch you and Ella fight back and forth. She gets so mad at you, but all the while you just stare back at her grinning. I really think you are just trying to play with her most of the time, but you just get on her nerves.


You're talking up a storm too. You can say anything you want to. You can communicate the things you want and need without just crying. It's been really nice knowing what you want instead of having to guess at it. However, usually what you want is not what you need. Every water bottle you see is yours and you want it opened. When I tell you no, you head to Grandad. You will drink the rest of the milk in your cup just so you can carry around a full glass of milk. You aren't thirsty, you just want a full cup of milk.


We like to walk from Grandad's house to Paw-Paw's in the evenings. Riley and Ella either stay ahead of us or sprint the entire way. Meanwhile, I'm stuck with you saying your name over and over to get you to come on. You like to stop and look at EVERYTHING. I've gotten a little ahead of you and stopped to wait on you to catch up, only to have you start walking in the opposite direction. You love to stop and look at the grass and flowers. When you do decide to catch back up, you'll come running with both arms stretched out in front of you just like a zombie. It's hilarious.


You also like doing things yourself. I'm to the point where it's ok with me if you ride home in just a diaper or if your clothes get messed up. I let you get dirtier and messier than I ever thought about letting the girls.


You're still my handsome little boy. I can't wait to give you a buzz cut this summer. You have pretty thick hair and I think you'll look really cute with your hair buzzed.

I love you three kids so much. Everything I do is for you. The two jobs. The graduate school. All of my decisions are made with you in mind. Don't ever forget that your mother loves you more than breathing, more than living.


3 comments:

  1. So getting high with your neighbor was for your kids,

    ReplyDelete
  2. You forgot the part where you said you wanted to drown them in the bath tub. Aren't you just the sweetest mommy ever?

    ReplyDelete